What is it?
– It is the inflammation of the tendon/fascia on the bottom surface of the foot
– Heel spurs, which are generally associated with plantar fasciitis, are typically caused by a constant repetitive motion in which the brain deposits more calcium at the heel to protect the foot from further injury
What causes it to occur?
– tight achilles tendon
– bad shoes
– hip/low back issue
– sudden weight gain
– foot arch problems
– long distance running
How can chiropractic help?
First, the chiropractor will assess the issue to find out what is causing the plantar fasciitis. Then, they typically treat it with any combination of the following: chiropractic adjustments, ultrasounds, k-laser, graston, kinesiotaping and vibration plate therapy
What supplements will help speed up the healing?
Vitamin B5, zymain, and fish oil.
What can you do at home?
– tennis ball rolling exercises
– water bottle in freezer that you use to ice/roll your foot post exercise/activity for 2-5 minutes
– orthotics or gel inserts
– warm bath with epsom salts
– anti-inflammatory diet (prevents recurrences)
– wear proper, well cushioned shoes
– calf stretches